BIP specialises in providing globally-focussed multi-manager investment management and consulting services to leading South African independent financial advisors, and their retail and institutional clients. We manage and consult on assets in excess of R50 billion, making us one of the most significant participants in the retail multi-manager arena in South Africa.
The investment team, and indeed the entire BIP division, has been structured and organised in a way that reflects our belief that exceptional service to you and the attainment of your long-term investment objectives are the core of our business existence. Our investment capabilities are reflected in our suite of house view funds that exploit the global landscape of investment opportunities that are open to investors. We aspire to be a leading provider of global multi-asset investment solutions and achieve this by leveraging our core competitive advantages:
- A well-defined, globally-competitive, robust, and repeatable investment idea generation process
- An intellectually-grounded, fundamental valuations-driven active asset allocation process
- An innovative and dynamic portfolio construction process
- A prudently-informed manager selection process
- A rational manager de-selection process
- A robust portfolio risk management process
The BIP team manages and consults on client investments administered in collective investment schemes (unit trusts), wrap funds on various linked investment service provider platforms, and employee benefit platforms. BIP manages model portfolios on a number of linked investment service provider platforms, the most prominent being Allan Gray, Momentum Wealth, Investec IMS, Sanlam’s Glacier platform, ABSA’s AIMS, and Old Mutual Wealth.